Record wildlife sightings while out and about in the region by logging your sightings on the ERIC North East Portal. Your sightings will be added to our central database and used by a variety of ecological and conservation organisations.
- Sign up and log onto the ERIC wildlife recording portal
- Record your wildlife sightings as you see them on our website.
- Anything from daisies and common birds through to the most elusive species can be recorded.
Why get involved?
ERIC North East collect species and habitat data for the region which is used to for Ecological decision making and conservation. Help support the region’s wildlife by logging your sightings on the ERIC North East recording portal.
How to get involved?
- Log in or sign up to Volunteer for TWAM.
- Accept this challenge.
- Create an account at www.ericnortheast.org.uk/wildlife/
- Activate your account
- Select 'Enter a casual record' from the 'Record' tab
- Type in the common or scientific name of your species and select the correct one from the dropdown options.
- Click 'upload photo' to add one or more photographs of your wildlife sighting if you have one.
- Type a grid reference into the box or left click on the map to show where you made your wildlife sighting or use the map for find your grid reference.
- Fill in as much information as you can in the other boxes. Boxes marked * must be filled in.
- Click 'submit' in the bottom left hand corner.
- Outdoor Work
- Science and nature
- Computers and Technology