What is the Late Shows?
The Late Shows is a free late-night culture crawl in NewcastleGateshead on Friday 18 and Saturday 19 May 2018. Last year The Late Shows included over 70 daytime arts, culture and heritage venues staying open late for our Late Showvisitors. During The Late Shows, museums, galleries, studio collectives and landmark historical buildings come together to offer visitors one-off events including hands-on workshops, behind-the-scenes tours, performances and parties.
It's all about encouraging people to do something cultural with their evening in celebration of the national event Museums at Night.
We are looking for volunteers to act as event stewards around and near the Late Shows venues, signposting late shows visitors towards its venues, bus stops, points of interest et cetera. You will get to be the face of thelateshows, with a T-shirt and lanyard to identify you easily. People will approach you to find the information they need, and you will be able to approach people and help them progress around this wonderful weekend heritage crawl.
This is an important role and a fantastic way to enjoy the best of the Late Shows, meet lots of friendly people and gain valuable volunteering experience. It's always a fun nighta new, be part of it too.
As a Late Show 2018 steward, you will represent The Late Shows by:
- Meeting and greeting visitors.
- Providing excellent customer service to The Late Shows visitors.
- Handing out (the now famous and collectable!) glow sticks and programmes to visitors
- Fielding questions from members of the public and knowing where to signpost them to.
- Giving directions to venues and bus stops (you'll be provided with a volunteer lanyard listing all the information you'll need)
- Chatting with visitors about other venues on the route that they may enjoy or even provide the information they need to plan their routes.
- Keeping the Late Shows event vital and exciting for the public.
Late Shows Stewards are the public face of this amazing event and we can't do it without you!
Why get involved?
Volunteers are vital to the success of the Late Shows!
we ask that you attend our volunteer briefing session for all Late Shows volunteers. We offer a daytime and an evening briefing to be able to see as many of you as possible. Dates and times will be issued later (typically they are scheduled 1 week ahead of the event).
At this fun and informative briefing session, you will:
- receive your FREE Late Shows t-shirt and your handy lanyard with all the information about the Late Shows venues to wear on the night(s)
- meet your fellow volunteers and Late Shows staff
- find out about your allocated venue and key contacts
- let us know if you require a taxi to get home afterwards (we will arrange and pay for this)
- collect expenses claims forms for getting to and from your Late Shows Stewarding role
How to get involved?
1. Log in or sign up to Volunteer for Us. It just takes two minutes to register as a volunteer and give us an expression of your interest in being involved in this fantastic weekend. We can contact you with further information about training and other event details in the lead up to the Late Shows!
2. Once you've registered, come back and accept this challenge, so your name is added to our list of Late Shows volunteers.
3. Await a response from our team. We will be in touch to give you more information about the event and the volunteer briefing. please remember that the event is not until May so we may not get back to you immediately.
- Working as part of a team
- Independent working
- Public Speaking
- Customer Service
- Outdoor Work
- Meeting new people