The Shipley Art gallery is home to some outstanding works of art and one of the largest craft collections in the UK. This year the Shipley Art Gallery is launching a community garden space in collaboration with The Nest Café and Community rooms, a local social enterprise and community interest company. We need keen gardeners or people with an interest in horticulture to give a day a week to help us run this space.
We need people to give a regular day a week to keep the community garden open during gallery hours, to help maintain the space and to assist with workshops in the space. The ideal person will have some knowledge of horticulture and an interest in gardening and community engagement. Your help will assist us in developing this garden into a cultural outdoor space for the community to enjoy.
A love of things green, horticultural and creative is really important to this role as well as an ability to talk to our community about purpose of this space. We ask that you
- Help with set up and installation of the community garden
- Assist with Art and craft activities in the garden
- Help to maintain the garden and plants, harvesting vegetables and fruits when ready.
- Assist with visitor access to the space and speak to visitors about the purpose of the community garden and its place within the Shipley, full training and information will be given
Why get involved?
It will be a great opportunity to develop a culturally significant project at the Shipley in collaboration with The Nest and be a great benefit to physical and mental health. It will be an opportunity to work with the Shipley, the local community and to meet new people. You will have the opportunity to develop existing skills, learn new skills and most importantly it will be lots of fun!
*Please note: we are happy to cover any volunteer transport costs involved with this role
How to get involved?
- Log in or sign up to Volunteer for TWAM.
- Accept this challenge.
- Await a response from us with more information.
- Working as part of a team
- Independent working
- Customer Service
- Working with the public
- Outdoor Work
- Science and nature
- Arts and crafts