The Hatton is undergoing a £3.8 million redevelopment. When the gallery re-opens in autumn 2017, it will be a vibrant and modern exhibition space bringing about a new era for art and learning in the city.
Even though the Hatton is closed until autumn 2017, the Hatton will still have a presence in the city. A temporary pavilion which showcases the Hatton’s history and Collection will tour around six different locations in Newcastle and Gateshead beginning in spring 2017. We are looking for Volunteers to support members of the public to engage with the pavilion and with ideas and art works from the Hatton’s Collection. We would like you to;
- Show an interest and passion in the gallery and a desire to share this with others
- Actively engage with our offsite programme and all our visitors
- Enjoy meeting and chatting to people from all cultural backgrounds
- Help us to build a dedicated team, so, we would like volunteers to be able to commit to at least one 4 hour session per week
For this volunteer role we need you to;
- Support members of the public to engage with the Hatton Offsite Project - a temporary, touring pavilion in which visitors are invited to engage with ideas and art works from the Hatton’s Collection.
- Enthusiastically communicate with the public about the Hatton, its collections and the redevelopment project
- Ensure the health and safety of visitors and preservation of the works within the pavilion
- Capture and pass on visitor feedback to appropriate members of staff
- Encourage public participation in informal family activities
- This is an outdoor role – In the case of inclement weather, alternative location is available inside the Laing Art Gallery.
Why get involved?
In this role we can offer;
- Training from the Participation Officer and Art Team
- Knowledge about key works at the Hatton gallery
- Becoming part of the Hatton Gallery’s valued network of volunteers
- Receiving invitations to private views and special events
*Please note: we are happy to cover any volunteer transport costs involved with this role.
How to get involved?
We expect this to be a highly sought after role so,
1. Log in or sign up to Volunteer for TWAM.
2. Accept this challenge.
3. Await a response from our team.
- Working as part of a team
- Social Media
- Customer Service
- Working with Museum Collections
- Teaching and Training
- Working with the public
- Contemporary Art
- Arts and crafts
- Fine Art
- Meeting new people
- Learning and Education