The Light Dragoons Museum has been redeveloped and the exciting new gallery opened last year. An intergral part of this project is the digitisation of the regimental archives to enable and encourage greater public access either within the gallery itself or from further afield.
Please note; this role will begin the week commencing the 18th of March.
- Digitisation of the current photographic archive to supplement gallery content e.g. graphic panels, pull-out folders, photograph database in research area.
- Cataloguing non documented photographs
- Scanning and uploading images to the museum database.
Experience of using of using IT systems and archiving is not essential, but desireable.
Ideal volunteers would be;
- Able to work on thier own initiative and independently.
- Able to pay attention to detail and be able to work to a high standard of accuracy.
- Have good timekeeping, organised and methodical.
- And have an interest in Military History.
Why get involved?
- Training in archiving and the use of KeEmu database systems.
- Object handling.
- A full induction to the project and work enviroment.
- Work alongside museum proffesionals.
- Become part of our fantastic volunteer team
*Please note: we are happy to cover any volunteer transport costs involved with this role.
How to get involved?
- Log in or sign up to Volunteer for TWAM.
- Accept this challenge.
- Await a response from us with more information.
- Working with Museum Collections
- Archiving and documentation
- Working with Databases
- Microsoft Office tools
- Computers and Technology