You can work with our friendly Boxes of Delights team, maintaining and preparing artefact boxes before use by primary schools. Our boxes contain a combination of real and replica objects and some include some costumes and archive material too.
We have topic boxes on many subjects, from Ancient Egyptians to 20th Century Toys. Find out more: https://twamschools.org.uk/boxes-of-delight
This is an ongoing and regular role assisting this busy service.
The Boxes of Delights service supports thousands of users per year with the loan of real and replica objects in topic boxes.
- Object handling experience
- Good time keeping and organisation skills
- Attention to detail and able to work to a high standard of accuracy
- Able to work on own initiative and independently.
- Must be available to give time on Tuesdays or Thursday between 1 and 3pm.
- Must be available to start in September-October, training will be given.
- *Please note: we are happy to cover any volunteer transport costs involved with this role.
Why get involved?
This role is perfect for somebody particularly interested in museums education.
It would also be great for a person looking to gain some experience in object care and handling.
See first hand how our museum works with schools and other groups, supplying specialist material to enhance education.
How to get involved?
1. Log in or sign up to Volunteer for TWAM.
2. Accept this challenge.
3. Await a response from our team.
- Working with Museum Collections
- Independent working
- Learning and Education
- Quiet working