We’re looking for volunteers to assisting with the visitor experience at this inaugural event. the event takes place on Saturday the 18th August and you will be needed between 5 PM and 10:30 PM.
This is the first ever chance for adults to relax and join us after hours; a rare opportunity to explore our museum, galleries and heritage site in the summer evening.
Listen to live music, atmospheric tales, themed talks, take part in immersive activities and even 'laern yoursel Latin' late into the evening.
Roman Lates is themed around Roman fun and games, but there'll also be Roman food demos and samples to try, which you can wash down with a glass of something chilled from the bar.
For participants who'd like to come dressed in Roman costume there'll be a prize on the night for the most authentic apparel.
There will be lots to do at this event from:
- welcoming visitors to the event
- collecting tickets
- giving general information about the activities on offer and their locations
- answering visitor questions
- general upkeep to ensure the site remains presentable
- helping the re-enactors and freelancers delivering the activities to set up and clear away again at the end of the event
- selling drinks on the cash bar
- manning the games which visitors are able to take part in
- managing visitor numbers in the activity spaces
Why get involved?
A great way to gain experience when looking for paid work or for helping to enhance the following skills:
Ability to work as a team
Ability to work alone
Customer Service Experience
Gain an increased knowledge of Roman History
Make contacts in the re-enactment community
*Please note: we are happy to cover any volunteer transport costs involved with this role. we will also be happy to book you a taxi to get you home if you continue your volunteering until the end of the event.
How to get involved?
- Log in or sign up to Volunteer for TWAM.
- Accept this challenge.
- Await a response from us with more information.
- Event Management
- Customer Service
- Independent working
- Working as part of a team
- Cooking and Food
- Meeting new people
- Working with the public