Many visitors think they can't be Volunteers for TWAM because they don't have enough time to help out on a regular basis. With challenges to suit every schedule, we're encouraging all of our visitors to become volunteers.
We're looking for enthusiastic Volunteer Ambassadors to help us spread the word, show visitors how to sign up, and get them started on their first challenge! You'll have the opportunity to take part in this challenge at any of our nine venues.
- Chat with visitors to encourage them to become Volunteers for TWAM
- Guide them through the sign-up process, using our tablets
- Get them started a simple micro-volunteering task -- by the time they leave, they'll have completed their first challenge!
*Please note: we are happy to cover any volunteer transport costs involved with this role.
Why get involved?
As a Volunteer Ambassador, you will:
- receive training for your role, so you feel comfortable explaining how our volunteering works and showing others how to sign up
- gain loads of confidence in speaking to members of the public
- meet lots of new people
- develop excellent communication skills
Taking part in challenges supports Tyne and Wear Archives and Museums by:
- Helping us to understand the impact in time and value of the efforts of our volunteers
- Allowing us to recognise and reward the work of volunteers
How to get involved?
Step 1: Sign up or log in to Volunteer Makers.
Step 2: Accept this challenge.
Step 3: Await a response from a member of our team.
- Customer Service
- Public Speaking
- Meeting new people
- Working with the public