We are asking our young visitors and their grown ups to help us to design a rollercoaster that takes you into space, to decorate a dodgem car that can fly or create a candy floss stall where the sweet treats taste of whatever you imagine!
The event will be led by Unfolding Theatre and Designer, Molly Barrett who will help turn our young inventors wildest ideas into a fun fair that takes over Discovery Museum.
The event is linked to PLAY+INVENT, Discovery Museum’s family programme for budding inventors, designers and makers and All the Fun of the Fair: 135 Years of the Hoppings.
We are looking for 10 friendly, approachable volunteers to help assist on PLAY+INVENT: Build the Fun Fair of the Future on Sunday 17 September between 9.30am and 4pm. Desirable qualities include, an interest in working with families and children in a learning and/or event setting, event management and making/crafting.
We would like you to:
- Man our information point (including taking and selling tickets, handing out lanyards, answering queries and signing photo consent forms)
- Assist in setting up the space for the event.
- To act as an assistant educator and mentor throughout the day, supporting participants with questions.
- Responding to questions from the passing public and distributing/collecting evaluation forms
Why get involved?
This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in working with families and children in a learning and/or event setting, or anyone interested in event management.
You will be working with Museum Professionals and freelancers and will get to see how they work as well as work alongside them.
Its a really creative space. Its a fun and busy environment, excitingly, you may not know whats coming next from the young peoples minds!
*Please note: we are happy to cover any volunteer transport costs involved with this role.
How to get involved?
- Log in or sign up to Volunteer for TWAM.
- Accept this challenge.
- Await a response from us with more information.
- Working as part of a team
- Arts and crafts
- Working with Children (6 - 15)
- Working with Children (under 5's)
- Customer Service
- Teaching and Training
- Event Management
- Working with the public
- Meeting new people
- Learning and Education