Segedunum Roman Fort and Stephenson Railway Museum run drop-in art activities and workshops for families during the school holidays on Mondays (Segedunum) and Thursdays (Stephenson Railway Museum). The activities are related to current exhibitions and of a practical art/craft nature. Volunteers are needed to facilitate informal drop-in sessions and encourage visitors to take part in activities.
At Segedunum Fort you need to be happy to demonstrate craft activities related to our Roman Collection.
At Stephenson Railway Museum you need to be happy to demonstrate craft activities related to our locomotive Collection
for both locations we will need you to:
- Explain craft activities clearly to families
- Encourage participationby being welcoming and informative.
- Assist families whilst they have a go at our art and craft makes
- Prepare, replenish and keep your space organised.
Why get involved?
- Gain experience of what it’s like to work in a museum
- work alongside Museum professionals, understanding and supporting their work
- Build on your knowledge of arts and crafts
- Work with the public – gain confidence, get experience, have fun!
- Work with young people in an arts/museum setting.
- *Please note: we are happy to cover any volunteer transport costs involved with this role.
How to get involved?
- Log in or sign up to Volunteer for TWAM.
- Accept this challenge.
- Await a response from us with more information.
- Teaching and Training
- Working with Museum Collections
- Customer Service
- Working with Children (under 5's)
- Working with Children (6 - 15)
- Learning and Education
- Meeting new people
- Arts and crafts
- Science and nature
- Working with the public