Every Monday in the holidays we combine art and history to create fun Roman and Iron Age crafts and activities for families from 11-3. But we need your help. We will create and prepare the activity, although we welcome any ideas or suggestions you have and then support you to deliver it on the day.
We need people interested in history, but who also enjoy being creative to help deliver our craft activities and encourage interest in the history of Segedunum Roman Fort. You will be mainly working with other volubnteers in our Roman Gallery. Previous activities have included metal embossing, making medicines, helping with battle drills, painting frescoes, helping with drama role play days, making swords and shields and play with clay.
- Help with setting up
- We will show you how to do the craft
- When visitors show interest can you show them how to do it
- Stock up supplies when they are low
- encouraging visitors to support the museum through donations
- answering visitor questions
- engaging visitors to learn more by using object handling items or providing prepared information about the collections
- Collecting visitor numbers engaging with the activity
- Collecting customer feedback
- Help to tidy up
Why get involved?
*Please note: we are happy to cover any volunteer transport costs involved with this role.
We love history and really need your help to engage visitors and make sure they have fun when they visit the museum.
This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in working with families and children in a learning setting.
You can work alongside Museum professionals in a museum setting
Self motivation and drive are encouraged
This is a fun learning experience for the families taking part so, you we expect you will have lots of fun and learns lots too.
This will be a great addition to a CV or University application.
How to get involved?
For any more information please email Segedunum Learning Bookings email@example.com
To join our small but wonderful team of volunteers.
- Log in or sign up to Volunteer for TWAM.
- Accept this challenge.
- Await a response from us with more information.
- Working as part of a team
- Working with Children (6 - 15)
- Working with Children (under 5's)
- Customer Service
- Working with Museum Collections
- Teaching and Training
- Working with the public
- Arts and crafts
- Meeting new people