The Laing Art Gallery and Shipley Art Gallery run drop-in art activities and workshops for families during the school holidays on Wednesdays and Thursdays. The activities are related to current exhibitions and of a practical art/craft nature. Volunteers are needed to facilitate informal drop-in sessions and encourage visitors to take part in activities. We also may require some volunteer assistance at our Summer Art Schools for children and young people from 7 to 16 years of age.
Come and help us out and get creative and crafty this summer.
We will ask that you come and take part in an induction session. The Inductions will be held on Friday 13 July at the Laing and Shipley Art Galleries.
- Explain craft activities clearly to families
- Assisting families whilst they have a go at our art and craft makes
- Prepare, replenish and keep your space organised.
- Support young people at our art schools
Why get involved?
- Gain experience of what it’s like to work in an art gallery
- work alongside Museum professionals, understanding and supporting their work
- Build on your knowledge of arts and crafts
- Work with the public – gain confidence, get experience, have fun!
- Work with young people in an arts setting.
- *Please note: we are happy to cover any volunteer transport costs involved with this role.
How to get involved?
- Log in or sign up to Volunteer for TWAM.
- Accept this challenge.
- Await a response from us with more information.
- Teaching and Training
- Working with Museum Collections
- Customer Service
- Working with Children (under 5's)
- Working with Children (6 - 15)
- Working with Young People (16 - 25)
- Arts and crafts
- Learning and Education
- Meeting new people
- Arts and crafts
- Working with the public