To ensure these events are a success volunteers play a key role in assisting with the visitor experience, we hope to recruit 2 Volunteers at Arbeia Roman Fort for:
11am – 3.30pm Saturday 3 June
12.45pm – 3.30pm Sunday 4 June
An interest in events, good communication skills, be friendly, creative. confident and outgoing personality, reliable, able to follow instructions, works well in a fast paced pressured environment, able to work on own initiative and also as part of a team, open and cheerful, helpful and professional and hopefully have previous experience of working in a customer service environment
We would like you to help us by:
- Assisting with the family craft activities,
- giving information to visitors when they arrive about the activities on offer that day,
- encouraging visitors to support the museum through donations,
- answering visitor questions and general upkeep to ensure our visitors younger and older enjoy their time at the museum,
- checking guests off the guests lists (when events are ticketed),
- collecting customer feedback
Why get involved?
Training, supervision and guidance will be provided by the Events Co-ordinator or Assistant Learning Officer on the day about locations and points of interest on the Museum site and the duties on the day.
You will bw working with a family audience and gaining skills in delivbery and customer service.
Its a fun and fast environment which will be great fun!
*Please note: we are happy to cover any volunteer transport costs involved with this role.
How to get involved?
- Log in or sign up to Volunteer for TWAM.
- Accept this challenge.
- Await a response from us with more information.
- Working as part of a team
- Arts and crafts
- Customer Service
- Event Management
- Working with the public
- Arts and crafts
- Meeting new people