We’re looking for volunteers to assisting with the visitor experience at this inaugural event.
On the 1st & 2nd September we will be holding our first ever Beer Festival! Join us to enjoy a variety of ales & ciders being served over the weekend alongside the Waggonway Tearoom serving food.
Steam hauled shuttle trains will be in operation all day to connect with the Tyne & Wear Metro services at Percy Main.
Buskers from 12pm to 4pm - Hosted by JohnE Thornton.
Live bands from 6pm - 11pm
*Tickets required after 6pm*
The line up:
The Lou Ross Band
Steam hauled shuttle trains to connect with Metro services departing Middle Engine Lane at 10:51, 11:51, 12:51, 14:51 and 15:51 and we’ll be joined by local musicians throughout the day!
To ensure this event goes with a bang! We need you to:
- welcoming visitors to the event
- collecting tickets
- giving general information about the activities on offer and their locations
- answering visitor questions
- general upkeep to ensure the site remains presentable
- helping to set the activities up and clear away again at the end of the event
- dispensing drinks from a non-cash bar
- managing visitor numbers in the activity spaces
Why get involved?
A great oppotrtunity to be involved with an inaugral event that we hope will grow year on year. There is a social element to this volunteer opportunity, a relaxed and fun day out for all. Its also a great way to gain experience when looking for paid work or for helping to enhance the following skills:
Ability to work as a team
Ability to work alone
Customer Service Experience
Gain an increased knowledge of Roman History
Make contacts in the re-enactment community
*Please note: we are happy to cover any volunteer transport costs involved with this role.
How to get involved?
- Log in or sign up to Volunteer for TWAM.
- Accept this challenge.
- Await a response from us with more information.
- Event Management
- Customer Service
- Independent working
- Working as part of a team
- Meeting new people
- Science and nature
- Outdoor Work
- Working with the public
- Tea room/catering assistance